Our first week of ACE Incubator Bootcamp with the November 2019 startups was a week of fun, insights and interactivity.
A week of fun, insights and interactivity
Our November 2019 ACE Incubator startups had a great 1st week of Bootcamp. From the very first day of Bootcamp, we have had a series of insightful and interactive (read: fun) sessions by our Lead Mentor, Gigi Wang (MG-Team, UC Berkeley Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship).
We have also had fascinating talks by several speakers, namely:
- Ryan Jackson (Sillicon Valley Entrepreneur, 2-time Y Combinator Founder)
- ACE Incubator Alumni: Andrea Candelli (LUMICKS) & Federico Muffatto (Digi.bio)
- Robert Meijer (ACE Incubator’s business coach)
- Ross Gordon (Investment Manager, UvA AMC HvA Ventures Holding BV)
- Erik Visscher (European Patent Attorney, De Vries & Metman)
- Ytzen Marseille (M&A Lawyer, JanssenBroekhuysen Advocaten)
Andrea Candelli (LUMICKS) 1st Pitch during ACE Bootcamp 2013
Our 2013 ACE Alumni, Andre Candelli from LUMICKS managed to find an old recording of his first pitch to ACE during the 2013 ACE incubation program, it was amazing & interesting to watch – you can see the video by clicking on the following links to ACE Incubator’s social channels: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!
Day 5 of Bootcamp November 2019: Get Ready to Pitch!
On day 5 of Bootcamp, the startup founders had the opportunity to pitch in front of a jury panel and the other startups! We had an amazing lineup of the jury panel:
- Frank Landsberger (Founder & Director, o3nl | Senior Advisor, INKEF Capital),
- Davide Iannuzi (Professor in Experimental Physics – University Research Chair, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam | Director, Demonstrator Lab | (Co-)Founder, Optics11 & Sixpointsix | ACE Advisory Board Member),
- Hjalmar van der Schaaf (CEO & Founder, CargoLedger BV | Managing Partner & Owner, 17rabbits | ACE Incubator Alumni) and,
- David Knap (Co-Founder, CFO, Dyme | ACE Incubator Alumni)
Pitching can be quite nerve-wracking, but our founders delivered their pitches extremely well & they found the experience to be quite thrilling. The jury panel agreed that the quality of all 13 pitches were excellent and they had difficulty in picking the top pitches. In the end, the jury awarded best pitch to dr. Wim Noorduin from e-Purity.
The startups really enjoyed the pitching session especially because the jury panel gave honest and constructive feedback. After the pitches, we headed for Friday drinks at the Coffee Virus, Startup Village. The startups, the jury panel, and the ACE Incubator team were able to mingle and unwind – it was a great way to end the first week of Bootcamp!
For the next three months, our startups will be working on the validation of their business concepts/ideas. Stay tuned for more!
Get in touch
For more information about ACE Incubator’s incubation program or if you’re curious about our founders, please get in touch with our Program Manager, Liza Kolesnichenko at firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to overview