The Incubation Program is off to a great start with 15 new tech, science-based & healthcare startups.
Fifteen new startup teams arrived at Startup Village on Monday morning Oct. 2nd to start their entrepreneurial journey with the ACE Incubation Program. In one week, they learned the fundamentals of lean startup, business models, leadership, go-to-market strategies, funding and more. During the week, the teams also received feedback on their concepts and pitch.
Our returning program lead Gigi Wang came in from Silicon Valley where she is a leader in global entrepreneurship and innovation, heads her own consulting firm and is connected to entrepreneurship programs at UC Berkeley’s Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Chair Emeritus of the MITEF/Stanford Venture Lab (VLAB).
We hosted a unique and diverse group, with participants from a wide range of scientific backgrounds. We offered the five out of ten teams specializing in healthcare innovation a tailored track with industry specific information and speakers.
Tech & Science
1. Watchdog’s focus is to improve the well-being of technical professionals. By utilizing decades of experience with on call systems and new innovative machine learning models, Watchdog aims to reduce the burden of overnight on call duties.
2. Kwarteo is a video interview platform that helps companies find perfect employees.
3. Electro Lab is a new supplementary teaching method using Live Electronics as a way to teach instrumental music lessons aimed for ages 6-12.
4. Sea Going Green supports tourism operators in implementing sustainable business practises that alleviate their negative impacts on the marine environment, by offering consulting services that empower the tourism industry to protect the marine environment and it’s biodiversity.
5. Clonar is a virtual assistant that simplifies access to your money through a seamless, AI powered chat interface. It’s a gateway to your money.
6. Soteria Technologies solves crime and security issues at airports with science and tech by means of a web-based prospective passenger screening system: it elicits information from passengers in a chat bot environment for which natural language processing and machine learning are used.
7. CARGOLEDGER is a distributed ledger blockchain solution for the supply chain, paperless, transparent and easy to use. Instant payment through using smart contracts.
8. ScrumurAI is an intelligent, virtual ScrumMaster to enable (remote) teams to be more efficient in their development process and online meetings.
9. LinQu is a platform which links developers to the best employers not only based on skills and experience but also considering the developers’ personality.
10. Oliscience. Own, maintain, and develop the OpenCores.org community site. Offer science oriented engineering services in the field of digital electronics (gate ware).
1. MediSyn is a next-generation medical consultation and customized pharmaceutical dosage form.
2. 2Tango is an assistive tech to facilitate people on the Spectrum.
3. MLX (Med | Learn | Xperience) creates trends in innovative digital learning concepts in medical education with a main focus on mobile devices.
4. DoctorOnDemand allows patients to see a doctor where and when they want.
5. TummyTool is a mobile device application for parents of children with constipation.
The companies are continuing in the Incubation Program for another 11 weeks. Every Friday they will come to Startup Village for in-depth workshops on topics such as customer development, startup finance, investor insights and digital marketing. The companies will receive up to two year’s of customized support by ACE, including introductions to mentors, investors and industry leaders.
Back to overview