At five years and a #1 nomination, we’re sharing some highlights and plans for the (near) future!
We’re still glowing from our recent #1 Incubator nomination by Emerce! To top it off, this year also marks the fifth anniversary of our incubator program. To stay in the positive vibe, we’d like to share some fun facts about ACE and give you a sneak peak of what’s to come in the near future.
Did you know?
- For the past five years, we incubated 100+ startups
- In 2017, 86% of those companies were still operative and after two years, 71% of them still are!
- During 2017, our startups have cumulatively generated a revenue of over €11M…
- …and raised over €18M up to date
- So far, 356 people have been employed by our startups!
- From all active companies in 2017, 38% is working within ICT, 22% of the companies focus on Digital Health and 10% of ACE startups are developing a chemical/advanced material product. Other fields are Big Data (10%), Advanced Instrumentation (9%), Medtech (6%), Biotech (6%) and Fintech (4%)
One of our proudest moments so far has been Scyfer’s exit in August 2017. The Scyfer team, focusing on cutting-edge machine learning technologies, joined the ACE Incubation Program in 2013 and was acquired by Qualcomm within 4 years time. For Qualcomm, the acquisition of Scyfer brings with it founder and renowned professor Dr. Max Welling (UvA), which will help them to further advance AI research and development.
In October 2016 we left our old office for lively Startup Village. We created this community working space in collaboration with UvA Ventures Holding and Amsterdam Science Park. Startup Village is an original design by Julius Taminiau Architects, his concept to turn second hand containers into offices has provided us with an exciting and sustainable place for (tech) startups and innovation projects.
So what’s next?
Startup Village 2.0 | We are happy to share that we will be expanding Startup Village later this year! Architectural agency Proof of the Sum (conveniently located at the village) are working on an expansion design adjacent to the current site. At the new village, there will be even more space for startups (200 working places!), corporate partner initiatives, a Blockchain lab and more.
Investment opportunities | To maintain a #1 position, we are continuously improving our programs to help startups & scale-ups grow. From September, we’ll be expanding our supporting programs and creating new investment opportunities in order to help talented entrepreneurs bring their business to the next level. Want to know more about this new initiative? Please contact Joost Reimert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about our companies, contact our portfolio lead Darya Krasilnikov at email@example.com.